Joanna Monroe is an attorney, community and and business leader with a proven track record of bringing diverse groups together to achieve a common goal. With over 25 years of corporate, government relations and non-profit experience, Joanna is passionate about promoting and protecting business. In 2018 she left her corporate career as the Chief Compliance and Risk Officer in a $3B publicly traded company to explore her interest in the cannabis industry. Since that time she has consulted with cannabis companies to reduce risk and unleash business growth.
GOVERNMENT RELATIONS AND POLICY LEADERSHIP
- Established a highly effective government relations function with minimal resources for TrueBlue, Inc. (formerly Labor Ready) A $3B staffing company with 800 locations 6,000 employees and over 500,000 temporary workers.
- Co-founded and served as President/Board Chair of the Business Alliance PAC, an organization dedicated to electing balanced, pro-business candidates to local office. Developed long term PAC and political strategy, annual plans, hired and supervised executive director, established brand, web presence and marketing strategy.
- Led the staffing industry’s response to the Affordable Care Act, achieving special consideration from the Obama Administration resulting in $45 million in savings annually.
- Established cost effective strategies to pass legislation to support business practices and to defeat or amend adverse legislation at the local, state, and federal level.
- Implemented grassroots mobilization campaigns among workforce, customers, and key stakeholders to petition, testify and overcome harmful legislation.
- Built deep relationships with key political officials at the federal, state, and local level.
- Raised over $500k on behalf the Pierce County business community and political officials. As an executive, raised over $1M from employees for corporate PAC.